Email Marketing Reminds Customers
We all receive those annoying junk emails in our inboxes and some of us even have multiple emails so we can assign particular email addresses for junk emails! But have you ever thought why only a few catch your eye and you are enticed to open them? The emails you open are part of a successful email marketing campaign.
Email marketing has been ongoing since the beginning of the internet in 1992 but has developed into a more engaging and creative digital marketing channel.
Key Elements of Successful Email Marketing
1, Correct targeting and segmentation. Nothing is worse than receiving an email from a new car dealer when you’re looking to buy a new motorcycle. Do your research to avoid this mistake.
2. Personalize every email. Have you ever not read and just deleted the junk email that was addressed to “Dear Customer?” Make sure your email is personalized to each sender by using email software that pulls the first name of the recipient from the database of the email addresses you are using.
3. Be creative in your subject line and in the first sentence of each paragraph. Your audience is thinking about many things as they skim through their emails at the airport, office, or with their morning cup of coffee. Make your email subject line funny, or poetic, relatable with today’s current events but never boring or dull.
4. Make the emails engaging. As we mentioned your audience is thinking about 100 thoughts as they skim through their emails so grab their attention, explain what action you want the reader to take, grab their attention again and explain it again. Make sure your product or service “value” is clear. How will you help them solve a problem? Use content that is new and user-generated from Q&As, surveys, or questionnaires that you have access to and provide links to your website for further reading.
6. Make your email mobile-first. Mobile-first means the layout is done for a mobile phone and tablet then the second layout is done for a desktop version. This way you are not removing features from the desktop version to make it fit into a mobile version. Always check how it looks on iOS, Android, and on a desktop screen before you send it.
7. Send the email at an optimum time. Always be testing the best day and time that your emails have the highest open rate. An ideal open rate varies across industries.
8. Send the email with optimum frequency. We have all signed up for an online subscription-only to regret it later when we receive an email every day. A daily or weekly email frequency may not be ideal for the year. Once you find the optimum day and time, narrow that down to what day of the month that is. For example, if you have an e-com website, and your marketing research and testing shows most of your audience gets paid every two weeks on a Friday. Send your emails every two weeks in the morning right before lunch so your subscribers have time to shop on your website during their lunch hour!
9. Incorporate software to increase your efficiency. There are several software programs for emails and email integrations with spreadsheets and databases. Use these tools or find an email marketer to help.
10 Track, test, evaluate, and repeat. Be sure you have tracking URLs or phone numbers on all your emails so you can see in your reporting the results of each email marketing campaign. After you test and evaluate the results then it will become apparent which campaigns you should repeat in order to retain a high level of efficiency and a high ROI (return on investment).
For more information, any questions you may have or to sign up for a digital marketing class, just call SEO Digital Partners. We are a small business that is always happy to help other small businesses grow!